If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a helicopter crash, call us at (602) 845-9090 for a free, no-obligation consultation with a Helicopter Accident Lawyer. You may be entitled to monetary compensation.
Helicopter Crash Lawyers
Helicopters are used for recreation, transportation, military uses, medical transportation, aerial photography and other uses. Unfortunately, sometimes accidents occur and can result in significant property damage, personal injuries and deaths. A knowledgeable, experienced helicopter accident lawyer can help injured victims and their families recover the compensation they deserve.
Helicopter accidents are devastating for injured survivors, families who lost loved ones and bystanders. Our helicopter crash attorneys can help protect your rights and focus on your legal recovery while you focus on healing the emotional and physical trauma from the accident.
Causes of Helicopter Accidents
There are a many potential reasons for a helicopter crash. Potential factors include:
- Pilot error. Helicopters are harder to handle than airplanes. They respond differently to power loss than airplanes. The pilot of a helicopter must be properly educated, trained and licensed. Simple errors or distractions can have disastrous consequences.
- Improper maintenance. Helicopters have a lot of moving parts. It is important that they are regularly and properly maintained. Failure to properly service the chopper and its parts can result in a crash.
- Defective or malfunctioning parts. A part that is not properly designed, manufactured, tested and installed can cause an accident.
- Defective design. The design of the helicopter itself must be free from unreasonably dangerous defects.
- Air traffic control error. Air traffic controllers have a responsibility to provide safe passage, information and assistance to aircraft, including helicopters.
Responsible Parties in a Helicopter Crash
Many causes of helicopter accidents are preventable. If a responsible party fails to take reasonable action that would have prevented a crash, they may be legally responsible to compensate the injured victims and their families.
Potential responsible parties include:
- The operator
- The employer of the operator
- The owner of the helicopter
- Manufacturers and distributors of the helicopter
- Manufacturers and distributors of component parts and systems
- The owner of the airport
- The company responsible for maintenance
- Air traffic control
- Weather provider
- Tour operator
Depending on the circumstances of the particular helicopter accident, there may be others that are responsible. In some cases, more than one party may be a defendant in a helicopter accident lawsuit. For example, a helicopter crash can be caused by a combination of improper maintenance and pilot error – the responsible parties could include the pilot, the pilot’s employer, the owner of the helicopter and the company that maintained the aircraft.
Our helicopter accident attorneys can help determine who is at fault in your crash. We want to identify everyone who is at fault to help you recover all the compensation you are entitled to.
Why You Need an Experienced Helicopter Accident Lawyer
Helicopter accident claims are complicated. An experienced helicopter accident lawyer will investigate the accident and fight hard for your legal rights. The goal of the defendants and insurers in a helicopter accident lawsuit is to pay injured persons as little as they can get away with. Our job, on the other hand, is to make sure you receive all the compensation you are entitled to.
Although government agencies such as the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will typically investigate the accident, their report is not available for 12 to 18 months and their conclusions are not admissible in a helicopter crash lawsuit. While we review the report when it is available, we get started as soon as we are hired. We want to make sure important evidence is not destroyed or tampered with. We may hire our own experts to analyze the accident.
Even though most cases settle, we prepare each case with the assumption it will be litigated in court. We believe thorough preparation makes it more likely we will achieve earlier and better settlements for our clients.
It is important to get a helicopter attorney on board as soon as possible after an accident. It takes time to thoroughly prepare for a helicopter crash lawsuit, including analyzing evidence, hiring experts, interviewing witnesses and many other activities. The sooner you hire a helicopter crash lawyer, the faster they can start working for you. In addition, there are critical deadlines for filing a lawsuit, and if those are missed then your claims will be barred forever.
Contact a Helicopter Accident Attorney
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a helicopter accident, you may be entitled to a helicopter crash lawsuit. Get a free, no-obligation consultation with a helicopter accident lawyer today. Call (602) 845-9090.