Adam was born in Southern California, the son of Polish immigrants. “My parents sacrificed tremendously to build the American dream. They taught me the importance of hard work, perseverance and helping others.”
After his family moved to Arizona, Adam finished his elementary school education in Phoenix and attended high school at Brophy College Preparatory. He then attended Arizona State University, where he graduated summa cum laude in three years with a Bachelor of Science in Economics. While attending college, he worked part-time and was involved in university activities.
It was during college that Adam decided to go to law school. “It dawned on me what a huge role the law plays in our lives. Buying a house, driving a car, paying taxes…so much of we do in life is influenced by laws or has potential legal implications. Since the law has such a significant impact on our society, I thought that if I could understand it better, I could help make a positive difference in people’s lives.” Adam’s motivation was reinforced by his involvement in a mock trial program, and his service in the ASU Student Senate as an elected Senator from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
Adam obtained his Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree, cum laude, from Harvard Law School (in the same graduating class as President Barack Obama). While at Harvard, he was Senior Editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. “Law school helped me understand how the legal process can be used to make the world a better place. Sometimes it’s on a large scale, like national public policies that help millions of people. Sometimes it’s a lawsuit or transaction that helps an individual person or business.”
After law school, Adam went to work at Gallagher and Kennedy, one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in Phoenix. He was subsequently voted to be a partner at the law firm. At Gallagher and Kennedy, Adam worked in a variety of areas, including business transactions, real estate and commercial and injury litigation.
Subsequently, Adam ventured into the business world. He co-founded and served as CEO and General Counsel of a technology company. He sold the business after growing the company to over $1 million in international sales. He then worked in legal and business roles with small and medium-sized companies in a variety of industries.
Adam is currently the managing attorney at Studnicki Law Firm. He represents businesses in a variety of transactions, contract and corporate matters. He also serves the role of outside general counsel for business clients. He teaches business law part-time as an Adjunct Professor at Arizona Summit Law School.
Adam brings a holistic approach to the practice of law. Each client’s particular legal problem is normally only one aspect of a larger situation.
“Your legal situation is usually only one part of the puzzle, and there can be other things you have to consider. You can’t pretend the other pieces of the puzzle don’t exist.”
Adam combines his legal knowledge and experience, with his real-world experience and applied wisdom, to help find creative, common sense, pragmatic, holistic and successful solutions to problems.
Contact Adam to learn more about your legal options.
- Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Juris Doctorate with Honors (Cum Laude)
- Senior Editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- Bachelor of Science, Economic, with Highest Honors (Summa Cum Laude)
- Numerous awards and distinctions, including:
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities
BAR and COURT ADMISSIONS
- Arizona, 1991
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS and MEMBERSHIPS (Present and Past)
- Recognized as a Top Business Lawyer in Arizona
- Selected to Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell’s highest national peer review rating (AV Preeminent – 5.0 out of 5.0) for legal ability and ethical standards
- Superb (10.0 out of 10.0) Rating from Avvo
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Registry of America’s Most Honored Professionals
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- American Association of Justice (American Trial Lawyers Association)
- Judge Pro Tem, Maricopa County Superior Court
- Board of Directors, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Appellate Pro Bono Program
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One, Appellate Pro Bono Program
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Division Two, Appellate Pro Bono Program
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Harvard Club
- Founding Member and Executive Committee, Phoenix Children’s Hospital Miracle Makers
- Friends of Compas (Combined Metropolitan Phoenix Arts and Sciences)
- Multiple Who’s Who Designations
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Arizona Summit Law School (teaching Business Law)
- Rodriguez v. Wise, No. 1 CA-CV 16-0331 (Ariz. App. 2017)
- Abbott v. Banner Health Network, 239 Ariz. 409, 372 P.3d 933 (Ariz. 2016)
- Golonka v. General Motors, 204 Ariz. 575, 65 P.3d 956 (Ariz. App. 2003)
- Fluent in Polish
- Some Spanish
- Scuba diving